Thursday, April 30, 2009

16 Weeks

Week 16, or the beginning of my 4th month, brings me toenails! It probably doesn’t seem as exciting or glamorous as previous weeks, but it’s growth nonetheless. Inside my body this week, my heart is pumping about 25 quarts or blood a day (grown-ups pump about 2,000 gallons a day so I have some work to do). I’m also still pretty small, weighing around 3 ½ oz with a length at 4 ½ inches (head to rear-end). This trimester should bring a great deal of growth, though.

Mom and dad went to the doctor this week for a 4-week check-up. Like the other appointment, they weighed her, took her blood pressure, and listened to my heartbeat. Though the doctor kept us waiting in the waiting room almost a full hour, mom and dad were no longer upset when they were able to hear my heart. This was dad’s first time to hear it! My heart was beating at 142, which the doctor said was “perfect”. It makes the gender guessing game my mom and dad are playing harder, though, since my first measured heartbeat was 160 (supposedly, anything 160 or over is a girl; under 160 is a boy). I guess that it will just have to remain my little secret until I am born!

No comments:

Post a Comment