Monday, April 27, 2009

15 Weeks - Seeing the light!

So here I am at 15 weeks, and the size of an apple. Really, it's about 4 inches from head to bottom. My legs are finally longer than my arms, which is great because I was starting to think I might come out looking like a gorilla. With that, too, all my joints are bending and moving. This will make kicking much easier for me!

My taste buds are forming this week, though unfortunately there isn't much for me to taste in here. If I am anything like my dad, these taste buds will be programmed to want only Coke and Snickers bars. If I am more like my mom, though, they will prefer cold, crispy salads and plain grilled chicken. Either way, it will probably be a while before I get a chance to taste any of those things.

Mom and dad took me to Charleston this week to enjoy warm weather and sunshine. Though my eyelids are still fused shut, I can now sense light which was in abundance the entire week. I also experienced my mom's love for dancing at a wedding reception the end of this week. I'm fairly certain the "Cha-Cha Slide" contributed to a great deal of me flipping around and consequential dizziness on Friday night.

As you can tell from this week's photo, mom and dad didn't have the same backdrop available but I think they would chose a beach setting over a bedroom wall any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment