Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Life Hands you a Lemon at Week 14!

The second trimester is a lot of work so far! I’m growing pretty quickly and
am up to about 3 and ½ inches now. My fruit comparison this week? A lemon (but think of me as much sweeter). This week I am also working on facial expressions: frowning, grimacing, squinting. I can also finally grasp things, though there aren’t a lot of choices around me to grasp. I'm considering this thumb-sucking idea. My arms have grown to a length that is much more proportionate to the rest of my body, though my legs still have a while to catch up. I’m still moving them around as much as I can but it will be a while before mom can feel it.

Mom and dad are crafting a name for me but are being very secretive about the names they have chosen. I know they are already committed to a girl’s name but I think they are still unsure about a name for me if I am a boy. Considering they will not be finding out if I am one or the other, they better have one of each planned! Not only will my gender be a surprise for everyone, but my name will be a surprise to all of you, too!

Mom is traveling this week for work and returns just in time to leave for a week-long trip vacation the Carolinas. She and dad are in a wedding on Friday the 24th but will be spending the week there with the bride and groom-to-be and a number of good friends. It may make it difficult for me to access a computer to update for week 15 (what can I say? I will be basking on a beach… sorta) but I will be sure to update for week 15 as soon as I am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment