Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Elastic and Cotton – 17 Weeks

This week, my soft cartilage is turning to bone! Milk (or those calcium supplements my mom is taking) does a body good afterall. My umbilical cord is now growing thicker, making it an even stronger lifeline for me. I am also developing fat stores which should provide warmth and energy after I leave this cozy abode.

Mom and dad have started looking at baby furniture and bedding (okay, they started weeks and weeks ago) but have not yet been successful. It’s too bad I don’t have a say in this and have to rely on them to make a good decision about the sheets I will be staring at day in and day out. Mom has these ideas about how my nursery will look but has yet to find the perfect pieces.

I’m also working on making a little more room for myself in here. People who know my mom can tell now that she is pregnant. People who don’t know her say they can’t. Her closet can tell, though, and reminds her of it every time she goes to put on a pair of pants. Her maternity wardrobe is increasing and she is finding more and more comfort in elastic and cotton. She jokes about it, but deep down she is excited to have a pregnant belly. It’s a good thing, because I plan on doing a lot more growing soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment