Thursday, April 2, 2009

Poking and Proding at 12 Weeks

Mom read somewhere that if she poked or prodded at me now, I would squirm. This is great and all, except that SHE CAN’T FEEL IT yet. She knows this, but insists on still trying. I hope she lays off for a few more weeks. I think by 16-18 weeks I might be big enough that she will be able to tell, but until then it’s just annoying!

This week is a good week because I am finally starting to look more like a human. I was beginning to worry. Ears are where they belong, eyes are finally at the front of my head and I am now about 2 inches long (from head to bottom). The fruit comparison this week is a lime.

Synapses in my brain are forming quickly now and nerve cells are multiplying. What’s best, though, is that this week I have reflexes! Soon enough, eye muscles will be clenching and I will be able to finally make sucking movements with my mouth. Bring on the pacifier!

Mom’s pants don’t exactly fit comfortably anymore, unless they come with an elastic waist. She’s not ready for maternity clothes yet but may have to give in and buy a few items that are the next size up at least. She says it’s awkward because she doesn’t exactly look pregnant yet – maybe just a little “overweight”. She talks about a muffin top, but I don’t think she means the edible kind.

Both mom and dad have decided against testing for chromosomal abnormalities. They both know they will love me no matter what and are already certain I am going to be the most beautiful baby this world has ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment