Thursday, September 3, 2009

All Showered: 34 Weeks

Held a cantaloupe lately? If so, imagine it is like holding me - now at about 5 pounds. I'm not quite as round, but I do stretch to around 18 inches. Mom can tell I am taking up more space since she thinks at almost any given time, she can feel some part of my body poking her.

Last week was another great week. Mom was showered by family on Saturday and it was beautiful! My Aunt Dayna flew in from Atlanta to be there, along with cousins and my great aunt from Florida. There were also so many people from Columbus - I can certainly tell I am loved (even across the miles)! Mom opened a lot of great gifts that day - a travel stroller/car seat system, pack-n-play, blankets, bottles, diapers, toys, books, booster seat, lightweight stroller, booties, hat, and even the blanket my dad came home from the hospital in when he was born! If they didn't feel totally prepared before, they certainly should now.

Mom and dad also went on a tour this week of the hospital Maternity Unit. They were shown where to drive to when I decide I am ready to come. They were also shown the kind of room I will be delivered in (equipped with a mirror that mom is fairly certain she will not be using!). The tour took them to the post-partum room mom will stay in once I have been assessed and fed. It all looks very comfortable... except for the couch/bed dads are provided to sleep on. I do think both mom and dad feel better having seen everything, but it certainly made it seem more real than ever before. In fact, they both were able to see a baby in the nursery that had been born only 6 hours prior - at 35 weeks! Needless to say, mom started packing her hospital bag this week just to be safe.

It's hard to imagine there are less than 40 days between now and my expected birthday! I grow more and more excited all the time to meet you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment