Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Leek at 38 Weeks

At about 19.5 inches head to toe, you might say I am about the size of a leek. At 38 weeks, I also weigh about 6.8 lbs. In theory, I am around the length I will be at birth but my weight will probably increase. My organ functions are pretty well-refined now and my nervous system functions have increased.

As I grow more and more prepared to come, my mom and dad are more prepared every day, too. Mom has had her hospital bag packed for weeks now and my dad is trying to plan a tailgate party at the hospital. Mom has also been driving around for almost a week with the car seat base in her car. Once I start her labor, they will just need to clip the seat in and head to the hospital! There is a pack n' play set up in their bedroom (it has been for a month, actually) and the baby monitor is all set up and plugged in. Mom has already even bought me a Halloween costume! This weekend, my great uncle Bill brought me a bassinet all the way from North Carolina - my Great Grandmother had given it to him years ago. I am excited to be able to keep it in the family. Once I am done with it, I will be able to pass it to one of my cousins! In the meantime, it will live in the great room in the house - it should be a great place for you to see me when you visit!

We go to the doctor again this week. Mom is hoping to hear there has been progress, since last week nothing had changed from the prior appointment. I will be certain to keep you updated!


No comments:

Post a Comment