Wednesday, August 26, 2009

33 Week L'il Punkin

4 1/4 pounds may seem small, but the weight is going on quickly! I will continue to gain about 1/2 pound or so each week until I reach my final birth weight. With a mom and dad that weighed more than 8 pounds at birth each, it's entirely possible I will also be a big baby (though mom is hoping it's not indicative). At this point, I have surpassed the 17-inch mark (head to toe) and from head to bottom, I am about the length of an average pumpkin. Seems fitting with autumn right around the corner!

My eyes are now able to adjust to bright or dim light, though I don't get a lot of bright light in here. I get the feeling that will come in handy in a few weeks, though. At 33 weeks, too, mom's amniotic fluid has reached its maximum. Unfortunately for her, that means there is less fluid to cushion me and in turn, the kicking and flipping and moving around I am doing may be more and more uncomfortable. I feel a little bad about that since she has found it to be a bit painful already.

This week mom will go back to the doctor and soon, she will be going weekly. I don't think she is excited about that. She has done some more painting in my nursery and dad hung some shelves for me. Though it is not yet equipped with diapers, it is (for the most part) ready for me! Let the countdown continue...

1 comment:

  1. L'il punkin, I cannot wait to meet you! You are soo close to seeing the light 8)

    ReplyDelete