Wednesday, September 23, 2009

37 Weeks: Less Than 20 Days To Go!

Now I am officially full term. If I were ready, I could come out now and would be just fine! I think instead I will probably hang out here a little longer and just keep getting bigger. Since I am over 6 lbs and over 19 inches (think stalk of Swiss chard), it's hard to imagine I need to get much bigger but both my mom and dad were bigger when they were born so it's only fair.

People keep asking mom if she is "ready". I think she is - but not because she is tired of being pregnant; I think she is just excited for me to be born. She has a few "end-of-pregnancy" symptoms but nothing unmanageable. Her ankles are always swollen now (probably because she doesn't sit enough!) and she seems to need to go to the restroom more frequently. I continue to move around quite a bit which is more dramatic now than ever before. Mom is sometimes afraid an elbow or knee will poke right out of her skin! She will admit, though, that for as much as it sometimes hurts, she is going to miss it.

Last week at the doctor there had been little progress. Mom is still dilated to 1cm and I have dropped only slightly (from -2 to -1). She will see the doctor again this week and is hoping for good news. There are a number of guesses from family and friends about my birthday, time of birth and gender - she is hoping the October 24th guess is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment