Thursday, September 10, 2009

35 Weeks and Educated

Were you aware honeydew melons weigh about 5 and 1/4 lbs? Were you also aware that is is what I weigh this week? It's probably appropriate I continue to gain some weight since I am now over 18 inches long. Everything else is well-developed and from now on, I will be working primarily on gaining more weight. I think mom would just prefer I come now so that I will be healthy but no bigger.


Last week mom and dad had pictures taken with me. My Aunt Amanda and Uncle Jonathan took them. They turned out incredible and I can't wait to be able to look at them one day and imagine what mom and dad were like when they were pregnant with me. You can see some of the pictures (there were hundreds!) at www.amandajulca.com/blog.

Mom and dad also went to a day-long childbirth class this week. They learned a lot about what it will be like the day I decide I am ready to come. Dad was nervous about it but I think he felt better after going to the class. I think mom was a little overwhelmed but they sent her home with a lot of reading material so she will be able to study and prepare.

The other thing mom and dad did this week is pick out my "go home outfit". After a great deal of agonizing, researching, and shopping at 4 different stores, they picked out a couple of outfits for a girl and a couple for a boy. Once they know what I am, they will be able to take back the one they won't need. It will be tough, though - they are all so adorable!


We are at almost one month until my due date. Time is flying fast! From now on, mom goes to the doctor every week. This week, the doctor started checking more than usual. Mom was weighed of course (up almost 24 lbs altogether!), my heart rate was taken (this time 138-140 which is lower than usual but not by much), and mom's belly was measured (really, it's more like measuring me). Everything is moving along well. This time, though, the doctor checked my position and I am head down, as I should. She also said mom is dilated to 1cm which is not much but the doctor said that is normal for 35 weeks. Mom expects more changes in the weeks ahead. Though she has enjoyed being pregnant, I think she is getting more and more ready (and excited!) for me to be born. Oddly enough, so am I!


No comments:

Post a Comment