Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Week 21 - Ultimate Fighting

This week, I am comparable to a carrot, with a length at approximately 10 ½ inches long (head to toes). I have formed eyelids and eyebrows (that have the potential to develop into the “McMillen Eyebrows”… uh-oh!). At this point, I am beginning to absorb small amounts of sugar through the amniotic fluid I can now swallow. Yummmm… The other development this week is that my bone marrow is doing the job of making blood cells which, until now, had been done by my liver and spleen.

Aside from all the growing I am doing this week, I am also beginning to train to be the next Ultimate Fighter. I spend a lot of time kicking and moving about, serving as a reminder to my mom that I am doing just fine in here. It was this week, too, that she started to feel (and see) some of my movements from the outside of her belly. In fact, the first time I did it, she gasped! She grabbed dad’s hand right away and put it on the same place I kicked hers. She asked me to do it again so I did. At first, dad thought mom was faking it but then realized there was no way she could duplicate the same movement on her own. I think he was surprised and excited. I plan to continue to train, so for those of who enjoy touching mom’s belly, it should provide some entertainment for you!
I think mom and dad have found my nursery bedding, though they haven’t ordered it yet. Once that is done, they will finally be able to start deciding on wall colors and decorations. They better hurry up – I plan on using that room in about 4 months!



No comments:

Post a Comment