Wednesday, May 27, 2009

1/2 Way at 20 Weeks!

20 weeks means we are half way to my birthday! It’s hard to believe how quickly time has passed. At this point, I probably measure around 6 1/2 inches from head to bottom, but about 10 inches from head to heel. Going forward, measurements will be from my head to my heels since my legs are stretched out better now than they ever have been. You may wonder what fruit is approximately 10 inches long? A banana! That is this week’s comparison.

During the last ultrasound mom and dad got to see how active I am. Now, mom gets to feel it. She is noticing some of my movements now but I am most active around lunchtime and in the evenings. She must like when she can feel it because she usually pats or rubs her belly after I do it (probably hoping I will keep going). Hopefully soon dad will be able to feel it from the outside.

I should have a crib, dresser, and changing table when I come, which is a good thing because I was beginning to worry I would have to sleep in a dresser drawer. Mom and dad ordered a set on Sunday but it is backordered a few weeks. It should be nursery-ready by mid-July! Looks like mom and dad will have to pick bedding and colors for the room. It’s time for them to start painting!


No comments:

Post a Comment