Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Booty-Shaking: 23 Weeks

I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing my sense of movement is so well developed now. I can definitely feel mom moving and dancing. She went to a wedding last weekend and introduced me to “Shout”, “The Electric Slide” and “The Cha-Cha Slide”. It made her a little nervous on Sunday when I wasn’t moving as much in the afternoon, but I was tired from all the dancing she did the night before!

This week, I weigh just over a pound and am comparable now to a large mango. Mom and dad can tell I am getting bigger all the time because all my kicking and moving is increasingly frequent and obvious. Blood vessels in my lungs are developing this week and preparing me to be able to breath outside of this comfortable home. Sounds are also becoming more and more clear to me and frequent loud noises (the vacuum, the sound of a boat engine, the music in the car) are becoming pretty familiar. Hopefully they won’t be a big surprise to me when I come in October! I have a feeling I will be spending time around a vacuum, in a car, and next spring/summer, on a boat!

Mom went to the doctor this week for a check-up and everything looks good for both mom and me. My heartbeat was between 145 and 150, which is where it has been for the last few months. I made sure to get in a few good, strong kicks when the doctor was trying to measure it. Mom’s blood pressure is good and her weight gain was only slight. No mention from the doctor about being careful this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment