Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mmmmm... 22 Weeks

Taste buds have started to form this week! Though I haven't yet been able to actually taste anything, I grow more and more excited all the time to experience this sugar thing my dad seems to enjoy so much. This week, my brain and nerve endings have started to process the sensation of touch - so be careful with all that poking and rubbing you do to my mom's belly. The other thing happening this week is that I am developing tooth buds beneath my gums. I am hopeful they turn out like either mom or dad's teeth since neither one of them ever needed braces. I imagine they hope for the same thing.

We appear to be moving away from fruit comparisons as at 22 weeks, I am being compared to a spaghetti squash at about 1 pound. At this point, I look more or less like a miniature newborn with lips, eyelids, and eyebrows. Although my eyes have formed, my irises still do not have pigment (though I think there is a good chance they will turn out to be brown like my dad's - those seem to be dominant in his family).

Mom and dad are having a garage sale this weekend in an effort to sell some household items and make more room for me. My nursery is almost completely empty with the exception of a pile of baby items they have begun to collect. Since my crib bedding was just delivered this week, I think mom and dad will soon be able to pick wall colors (they've already started looking and have a healthy stack of samples to go through).

I continue to move around as often as I can in here. It's funny because no matter how many times I kick my mom, she still giggles. She seems to really enjoy this pregnancy thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment