Thursday, August 6, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin - 30 Weeks

Well, I now weigh about 3 pounds in my 30th week but I don't intend to stay this small for long. I am likely to gain about 1/2 pound a week for the next 7 weeks or so. At almost 16 inches long, I will probably not grow lengthwise much more but will certainly be packing on some pounds. Thanks to my mom's "carbs and sweets" obsession, it shouldn't be a problem. This week, though, just think of me like the head of a cabbage... or don't.

My Great Aunt hosted a baby shower for me this last weekend. Mom opened a lot of great gifts for me to use when I come. I will have a brand new jumparoo, high chair, bibs, bowls, spoons, bathtub and bath toys (yay!), sleepers, a teether, and toys! For as comfortable as it is in here, it sures does seem like fun out there!

Mom and dad took a vacation this week together to Niagara Falls. They did a great deal of walking around which was good for mom, but I think she just started to notice she struggles a little more with walking uphill or up stairs. Dad says it's like carrying two 10-lb dumbbells in front of you all the time. I think all in all, though, they had a great time and seemed to really enjoy their last trip as non-parents (although in way, I was there with them the whole time). What's funny, too, is that they spent a great deal of their time there talking about me! Do you think they might be excited?

If we go the full 40 weeks as expected, that means we have only 10 to go. I am already looking forward to meeting all of you soon. Let the countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment