Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's Jicama Week 32

That's right, at 32 weeks and nearly 4 pounds, I am about the size of a jicama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%ADcama). And, at almost 17 inches, my comfortable home seems to be getting smaller and smaller. Don't worry, though, I am still able to kick and move around enough to actually inflict a little bit of pain (sorry, mom!). The good thing about week 32 is that my skin is getting softer and smooth as it fills out more and more in preparation for my arrival.

Mom is having a little bit of trouble sleeping now, but mostly in that she has a lot of dreams and wakes up a few times during the night. She is not necessarily uncomfortable, just easily awaken. Imagine how difficult it is to sleep in a room that is only slightly bigger than your body, though! I still think she's got it good.

It has been an amazing week. My Aunt(s) Amanda, and Sara, and Marit threw a baby shower for me (and mom) on Saturday (http://amandajulca.com/blog/). It was by far the most beautiful shower ever created. The food was incredible, the decor was perfect, and the company was amazing. I know I am loved because people came from as far as Chicago to be there! Everyone brought a book for me - most of them favorites from their childhood. I am so excited to have them read to me. I already have a significant library to choose from. In addition to the books, mom opened a lot of wonderful gifts for me. I now have a handmade blanket, Bumbo, Boppy, bath set, activity center, crib sheets, changing pad and covers, sling rider, Ox (an adorable ugly doll), and some clothes and toys! Mom and dad now have a diaper bag that has been filled already with travel-sized items. I think they are getting closer and closer to being ready for me... at least physically.



Another thing that happened this week is mom was surprised with a shower/dinner from Grandma and Grandpa McMillen's long-time neighborhood friends. They all surprised her at a restaurant with a cake and a gift - my swing! I intend to spend a lot of time in there so it was terribly appreciated.

All in all, it has been a fantastic week. I'll continue working on packing on some pounds and will update you again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment