Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One Inch - 9 weeks!

I told you I would grow fast - I am now about one inch long and the size of a grape (though mom and dad still insist on "peanut" - I'm pretty sure that's just my name for the next 7 months)! Most of my body parts are here - arms, legs, hands, feet, earlobes, eyes, nose, mouth, and ... (eh hem)... my sex organs. I can admit, though, that all of these parts could use a little work. I'll probably just hang out in here and work on perfecting all of them for the next few months. And even though I have the beginnings of toes, it's still hard to say if I will end up with the same crooked one my mom has. I sure hope not...

Mom is feeling just fine still. I think she is a little bummed that nothing appears to be different (though she seems to want to eat all the time and takes the idea of "eating for two" a little too literally. C'mon, already - I'm not the size of an adult human being yet!). Dad has been great, too. He says goodnight to me every night and pats me "hello" sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. He's been very sweet to mom, even when she wants to go to bed more than an hour before him. He's also very tolerant of her slight moodiness and claims he doesn't notice it at all. I already know he is going to be the greatest dad.

I'm going to get back to work now on growing. I'll be sure to let you know how it's going next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment