Wednesday, March 18, 2009

10 weeks: But What's a Kumquat?

I’m not sure why all the books and websites refer to my size as comparable to fruit. They say this week I am the size of a kumquat. It’s probably hard to conceptualize since most people don’t know what that is. Basically, I am a little over an inch long (head to bottom). It’s hard to imagine that in a little over 6 months, I will be substantially bigger! I am also not sure how I am going to have the space to do all that growing. It’s still not very spacious in here.

I am now able to swallow fluid and my vital organs (kidneys, liver, intestines, and brain) are beginning to function. I’m fairly certain my brain function is stronger than most :). My nails are also beginning to form and if I am anything like my mom and dad, I will be biting them in no time. The fact that now my limbs can bend will make this feat much easier. The peach fuzz hair growing on my little body this week might be an indication of my mom’s prediction that I will be coming into this world as a big ball of hair, anyway. I am well on my way!

Now that the weather is nicer, mom has been trying to get a little more exercise. She walks occasionally and has been trying to do spring cleaning in and out of the house. This does not counter the fact that she is still gaining weight (and not in her belly!) but it will be better for her in the long run. It must be difficult for her, though, because all I really want her to do is sleep! She’s still not sick which she is more and more thankful for every day (she hears horror stories from other moms all the time about their experience).

You will see from mom’s picture this week that she is still not really showing but that is no big surprise, considering I am only the size of a kumquat.

No comments:

Post a Comment