Tuesday, March 3, 2009

8 Weeks!

I am doing a lot of growing this week! I am getting eyelids, breathing tubes, and - most exciting - fingers and toes! What's better is that I am finally beginning to lose that pesky "tail". My mom wishes she could have an untrasound done everyday to watch all the growth but instead she has to rely on books and websites to keep updated. She and dad both say they are excited about the time when they will be able to feel me moving around, though I am already doing a lot of that now! They wouldnt know yet because I am still only about as big as a kidney bean (though they insist on calling me a "peanut").

Mom and dad are having trouble keeping me a secret - I can tell they are excited. They have told a lot of close friends and family about me, though there are a few left with whom they are waiting to share the news. They want to be able to do it themselves. For those that know, it is clear they are excited, which makes me eager to keep growing quickly. October will be here in no time!!

I am still being very nice to my mom, though I do make her very sleepy. She yawns a lot at work and always seems ready for bed by 9pm. I am pretty certain she prefers that to morning sickness and nausea, though. She still looks the same, but intends to post a weekly picture of herself regardless to allow you to watch for changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment