Wednesday, July 8, 2009

26 Weeks Means Hothouse

Week 26 means we have less than 100 days to go! At this point, I am inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which probably sounds gross to you but is actually a good thing! Truthfully, it is pretty essential for the development of my lungs and it’s good practice for when I have to take that first big breath of air.

I’m also continuing to put on more baby fat. By now, I weigh about a pound and 2/3 and measure around 14 inches from head to heel. What fruit or vegetable is 14 inches, you ask? An English Hothouse Cucumber. I have no idea what that is, but I think I have a good idea about what a hothouse is like. It’s certainly warm in here!

Though my eyes are fully developed, they probably won’t open for another couple of weeks. It’s not a big deal – I don’t think I am missing out on seeing much in here.

Mom thought she was getting away symptom-free in this pregnancy but I think I am getting to her now. Her feet are beginning to swell and she has to remember to keep them propped up periodically throughout the day. She worries her worst fear will come true – those size 10s do not need to be any bigger! She has also been awoken violently in the middle of the night twice with a severe leg cramp. The first happened a few weeks ago and the second just happened again. Scares me, too, because she jerks straight up and yells when it happens – it interrupts my quiet time!


No comments:

Post a Comment